By: Jim Green Viewed: 523 Times Approximate Word Count: 370
Marketing your writing output can be fun, exciting, creative and profitable.It can also prove very frustrating and expensive if you do not know how to evaluate cost effective methods of viral marketing – offline and online.Over the years people have come to know me for my ability to develop low cost and no cost strategies for marketing and promoting a business, product or service; strategies that have realized handsome returns over the years.
Here is a recent example of what I mean…Just as I was checking the proofs for my next book “How to Earn Money in Retirement”I received a telephone call from a leading London PR consultancy inviting me to address 500 newly-retired couples at a seminar to be held in Essex, England, on Thursday 24 November; all potential customers of their client the world wide builder Bryant Homes.The invitation came my way because the first book in this series “Your Retirement Masterplan” is a runaway bestseller (No.2 on Amazon.com out of 3157 competitive titles) and also because one of the partners in the consultancy chanced to hear me speak in a recent BBC radio interview.
So what do I get out of this unique marketing opportunity?
1. The client buys 500 copies of “Your Retirement Masterplan”
2. I earn 10 percent in royalties from this bulk book purchase
3. I get to sign 500 copies individually
4. I get the opportunity to pass around my business cards
5. I get to address the retirees in a 20-minute talk on the third age adventure
6. I get the opportunity to promote my next book
7. I get 500 potential new customers for my future books
8. I get an all-expenses paid trip to the venue
9. I get a substantial appearance fee
10. I get exposure from local television covering the seminar
This is the quintessence of viral marketing and not only does it cost me nothing, I also make a profit out of the deal.Put on your thinking cap and come up with examples of similar ways you could market your produce for free and make money at the same time.
If you would like to learn more about creative writing and promotion, visit the website featured in the resource box below where you review the entire range of my online activities.This article was posted at iReprint.info on 2003-12-20.
Webmasters and publishers are free to reprint this article as long as the resource box and all the links remain intact.
About the Author
Jim Green is an online entrepreneur and established author with an ever-growing string of niche bestselling non-fiction titles to his credit.http://how-to-products-xl.com./