A Slip In The Right Direction by author and poet Rachel Berry
A Slip In The Right Direction, a coming-of-age story for tweens & teens. The story of life, puppy love, and lessons, as seen through the eyes of a 14-year-old young man coming-of-age in Chicago.
Homesick for his life and friends back home, a family move forces 14 year old Clifton Henderson, aka Slip, to grow up on the north side of Chicago. In his mind, life sucks at the moment and can’t get any worse. But it does. A kidnapping by gang members, a crush on a girl playing hard to get, a strict father, a mysterious neighbor, and the gift of premonitions all help take him on a ride of life until eventually he takes A Slip In The Right Direction.
Five questions that the book asks readers or society
1. What do you feel are some of the reasons that make our youth turn to gangs, and what as a society can we do to change this?
2. Can good home training and instilling family values totally prevent our kids from making bad choices?
3. Does creating a good family image mean we should push our children to make choices or responsibilities they might not be ready for?
4. How does the coming-of-age process effect boys differently from girls and then later on as an adult?
5. What are the pros and cons of discreetly involving and relaying family challenges and situations to our children when they reach a certain age, and what is that age?
» A Slip In The Right Direction by Author & Poet Rachel Berry
On Sale Now or request at your local bookstore
ISBN-10: 0982778201 | ISBN-13: 978-0982778203
» Meet author Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry is a word-fairy that enjoys the craft of words that create and inspire life and people. As an author & poet Rachel feels blessed to have the creative opportunity of expression. Berry is also a motivational speaker, mentor, community leader, independent book publisher, entrepreneur, columnist for SORMAG, and host of From The Heart & Soul show on Blog Talk Radio.
She currently resides in Virginia with her husband, adult children, grandchildren, and parents. Rachel puts family first and enjoys life in Virginia. When she’s not writing, she also enjoys reading, dining out, traveling, and watching movies. She accredits her gain in blessings and achievements to her relationship and guidance from her creator, association with great women, positive family members, loyal friends, the upbringing of an amazing woman-her mother, and the support and love of her husband and children.
» Connect with Rachel Berry, CEO Kimathi Enterprises & Publishing Company