Personally Yours will give you a brief look inside your favorite authors world. We know they write smokin’ books, but do they smoke with the Surgeon General and if they do, what? Are they left-handed or right handed? Take a personal look inside Author Nanette Buchanan’s life. Enjoy Personally Yours!
1. Who is Nanette Buchanan? I am a Christian, a wife, mother, grandmother, Senior Corrections Officer, an author and child advocate. I currently reside in New Jersey. I am an Instructor at the New Jersey Department of Corrections Training Academy. As an author, I published my first novel in 2007 and today I now have three published fictional novels and an e-book of poetry. I am the hostess of ASA Blog (Authors Supporting Authors) Talk Radio and the co-host of Angel Wings Publication Blog Talk Radio. A show which advocates for Domestic Violence victims.
2. What are you passionate about? My writing has been an important part of my life. I began while attending Rutgers University in New Jersey, and never imagined that it would be more to me than simply putting a pen to pad. I pen because it has soothed me, been a force to vent, rejoice and assist in many aspects in my life. I pen for enjoyment and as an inspiration to others. I pen because I realize it is more than just a hobby and it consumes me even when I am not actively writing. I pen because I love it.
3. Why should the world take notice of you? I would love for the world to take notice of me, but I feel I would better serve the world or people through my words. Being an instructor, author and hostess on the Blog Radio shows has given me a route to make a change, express the need for positive solutions, and share new ideas and information.
4. In one year where will you be? LOL….still working full time. I have a few years left before retiring. I will be a Sergeant within the next year, however I will be looking to make the rank of Lieutenant before retiring. I also want my publishing company to be working diligently for myself and other authors who wish to publish their work through I Pen Books.
5.What are your life rules? Live each day fulfilling a dream. Being optimistic doesn’t mean ignoring what is negative….understand it is the negative that becomes obstacles and will delay progress. Be healthy mentally, physically and emotionally. You can’t progress when stressed, take the time to take care of yourself.
6. What is your $1 and a dream? Reaching a peaceful plateau. There is nothing more rewarding than peace of mind. It soothes the soul, enriches the spirit and controls the heart. For my dollar, I want peace of mind.
7. 5 Favs –
a. color -Green, meaning life and of course money
b. food -I love my husband’s cooking. Any food well prepared has my vote. I am a lover of most seafood dishes.
c. movie -Wow….there are so many. “Usual Suspects”….I love a good mystery…..and “The Color Purple” but my list is unlimited.
d. song -Wow…again I’m stumped “Zoom”- Lionel Richie and the Comodores…….”What You won’t do for Love” – Bobby Coburn “Crazy Love- LutherVandross……I could go on….
e. drink – Gingerale…..don’t really have a preferred mixed drink…..Wine maybe Zifandel
8. Do you forgive regardless of what someone has done to you? Not always easy to do…..I’m still working on that.
9. If you could change your past would you? Yes, there’s always something I reflect on that could have been done better, now that I know better. I would have started publishing my work earlier in my life. I definitely wouldn’t have let others influence me to hesitate or doubt some of the decisions wanted to make.
10. Random thought – If I could have done things differently what other obstacles would I have met? Our dreams eventually becomes a reality. You start building your world on your dreams.
12. Fill in the blank with one word – To know Nanette Buchanan is to understand Nanette Buchanan.